First Triathlon with Team in Training
Hi, I just wanted to let you know how helpful your website has been. I just completed my first sprint triathlon and I often went to your website to get advice and info. It was a great experience and I did it with Team In Training which made it all the more fantastic. I’m hooked now. I just wanted to let you know your site was a big help.
Sue from Massachusetts
We are so happy that TriathaNewbie.com was a good resource for you and CONGRATULATIONS on competing and finishing your first triathlon! If you are interested in participating in our Triathlete Profile, we’d love to hear from you.
- BEFORE YOUR TRIATHLON
- How long did you train to get ready for this triathlon?
- How do you balance workouts with family/job responsibilities?
- What inspired you to try a triathlon?
- What do you think the easiest part of the triathlon will be?
- What do you think the hardest part of the triathlon will be?
- Will you do another triathlon after this?
- AFTER YOUR TRIATHLON
- How does your pre-triathlon vision compare with what the actual event?
- What was your favorite part of your first triathlon?
- What was the most challenging part of your first triathlon?
- What advice would you give a newbie now that you’ve completed your first triathlon?
- How did you celebrate your finish?
- What’s next for you?
Once you’ve documented your triathlon, we would really appreciate it if you could email it to us and write “First Triathlon Story” in the subject line. We will post it with the hopes of inspiring other beginner triathletes to try their first triathlons.
Send along a bunch of pictures too so we can see you in action!!! (not professional pictures as they are copyrighted)
Btw, if anyone reading this post would like to be a part of our Triathlete Profile section, feel free to respond.
TriathaNewbie.com Recommended Resources:
There are Newbies Starting Triathlons Every Day. Today Just Happens to be YOUR Day!
Pennsylvania Triathlon – Connellsville Parks and Recreation Triathlon –-Great sprint triathlon for beginners!
New York Triathlon – Brooklyn Sports Club Mini Indoor Triathlon – This unique indoor event is perfect for first-timers
Running: Good for the Body and the Brain – Could running make you smarter? The answer may surprise you.
Triathlon QuestionWalking Instead of Running in a Triathlon –– The race promoters presented an award to a 69 year old female who had had 2 knee replacements…
New York Triathlon – Brooklyn Sports Club Mini Indoor Triathlon –This unique indoor event is perfect for first-timers
Georgia Triathlon – Tri for the Shelter Sprint Triathlon – USAT sanctioned, This triathlon takes place in the gorgeous Rocky Mountain Recreation..
My First Triathlon, Nicholas D’Angelo – It was the end of my life as I knew it and the beginning of the beginning. I decided that I wanted to live. I wanted to be a better husband, father, son, brother, uncle, and friend…
First Triathlon Story – Greg H. from Texas – just to raise your arms at the finish line and know that you accomplished a triathlon is such a great feeling.