||Great Triathlon Resources
TriathaNewbie.com is always looking for great outside resources. Please send us some of your favorite links and we'll post them here.
Triathlon Resource Links
- Active.com - This website is a resource for finding the triathlon races near you. It also helps you find cycling, running and swimming events as well as team events and park/community activities in your area.
- Bariatric Medical Institute (BMI) - This is a website for those of you who are using triathlons and exercise to become healthier by losing weight.
- Bike-Books.com - Free Cycling Training Program from Bike-Books.com.
- Cool Running - Along with being a great resource for events and results in triathlons, duathlons, and running races, cool running is a great place to find out everything you want to know! This website comes HIGHLY recommended by visitors!
- Daves-Bike.com - Dave's Bike is located in Milton, Massachusetts and has served the cycling public for over 25 years. These guys have the answers to your cycling questions and provide unbelievable service!
- EveryMan Triathlon - Roman Mica is a Clydesdale amateur triathlete who lives and races in Boulder, Colorado. His favorite race drink is brewed by the Boulder Brewery and his favorite nutrition supplement is made by Dairy Queen. You'll read the enthusiastic and humorous account of the races he participates in, in his own words!
- Exercise Goals.com - I'm working towards my first ever Tri event, so thank you for these, they will be helpful in training. I also wanted to suggest another guide I found a ton of useful training info from: Exercise Goals.com I figured other readers could also benefit from it being added to your page. Thanks again! Lauren Caldwell
- InsideTriathlon.com - InsideTriathlon is a great source for race coverage, news, coaching and lots of other triathlon related information, including a forum! You should check it out!!!
- ontri.com - is geared toward triathletes, with training logs, blogs, forums, calendar of events and more.
- Prowheelbuilder.com - We specialize in custom built bicycle wheels for road, tri, mtn, track, recumbent, cyclocross, and tandems. We also offer rental wheels such as Zipp and Reynolds. This easy-to-use online system makes ordering a custom built bike very easy.
- RAPN TODAY - Welcome to the Race Athlete Performance Network. Your only source for the web's best sports writers and podcasts.
- Road ID - Every person who competes in individual sports should have this Road ID. It lists your personal information on a small tag that fits on your sneaker or wrist in case of an emergency. Good Stuff!!!
- Triathlonmagazine.eu - Lists Triathlon recources, event, forums and the like for
- Triblogs.com - Hi, I have been using and highly recommend www.triblogs.com developed specifically for a triathletes. Found it the best site out there. Thanks,
- Womens Sports Foundation
Gyms and Training Groups
The best way to train and make some great friends along the way is by joining a triathlon training group. TriathaNewbie would like to set up this area for those of you who would like to recommend a triathlon training group to those that are looking for a group to join. Simply send us an email and we will list you here!
- Boston Athletic Club - The Boston Athletic Club is a great place to train for your triathalon ! We are a multi-purpose health club located at 653 Summer Street in South Boston. Please visit our website or give us a call 617-269-4300 to take advantage of a one week trial.
- Boston Triathlon Team - The team consists of a mixture of elite, pro, amateur, and novice athletes who enjoy training, racing and socializing together. The BTT is one of the most revered teams in the New England area because of our supportive spirit, willingness to give back to our sport and our loyalty to one another. If this sounds like the type of team you would like to associate with, please contact us.
- Cyclonauts Racers - The Cyclonauts are a Springfield, MA based multi-sport club with its membership participating in road and mountain bike racing, triathlon, running, and adventure sporting events.
- Hudson Valley Triathlon Club - The Hudson Valley Triathlon Club is located 2 hours north of NYC and hosts a USAT Sanctioned 4-race Summer Tri-Series (June-Sept.) at beautiful Wilson State Park in Mt. Tremper, NY for athletes beginner to Pro.
More Information: 845.679.8602 or email@example.com
- The Hudson Valley Triathlon Club is located 2 hours north of NYC and hosts the USAT Sanctioned 4-race HVTC Summer Tri-Series at beautiful Wilson State Park in Mt. Tremper, NY for beginners to Pro; all are welcome! For more information, please go to firstname.lastname@example.org or 845.679.8602.
- SBR Multisports - SBR Multisports is dedicated to promoting a healthy lifestyle through multi-sport activities and continually explores new ways to serve the growing triathlon community. NY
- Team Envision - Team EnVision's Mission is to provide a supportive, instructive, and motivational environment for women of all abilities to challenge themselves and reach their personal goals through the sport of triathlon. MA
- TriFury - TriFury welcomes athletes of ALL abilities and believes that if you have the desire and motivation to train and compete (and a little fury or fire in the belly), you to can do a triathlon. Join TriFury and experience the camaraderie and goodwill as we develop and promote triathloning at all distances - from Sprint to Ironman. TriFury was founded specifically to help newbies get started in Triathlon. Now in our 3rd year we have over 120 members, many who started as newbies and others who are experienced and wanted the camaraderie of training and competing with a team. MA
- Wheelworks Multisport (WWMS) - Boston area based triathlon team with over 100 members, offering athletes a chance to train and race together, as well as participate in our many social events. The team focuses on triathlon (swim, bike and run), but members participate in a wide variety of competitive sports. WWMS is comprised of athletes across all levels, from beginner to elite triathletes. The team also features an Elite Racing Group which receives additional support from our sponsors in return for providing the team with visibility, leadership, and triathlon knowledge. WWMS is sponsored by many top-name sponsors, including Belmont and Ace Wheelworks, Specialized, PR Running, Fila, Mavic, Tri-Hard, Zoot Sports, Vittoria, Oakley, and Clif Bar.