If you are thinking about competing in a triathlon and looking for some inspiration, we have great stories written by beginner triathletes that will surely get you from your couch to the starting line. View our Triathlete Profile section to read interviews from some of our other readers
- First Triathlon Story – Heidi Kauffman – I had one goal – finish.
- First Triathlon Story – Just Do It! – I had a great time today and am so happy that I can now call myself a triathlete.
- First Triathlon Story – I did it! – – I can’t wait to do my next one.
- First Triathlon Story – Allyson Chisnall -Happy I Finished My First Triathlon
- First Triathlon Story – Nathan Crane -Yes I have caught the bug and hope to do three- four tris a year.
- My First Triathlon – John Hutchings – I Think I Caught the Bug!
- First Triathlon Story – Truely Inspiring – I finished!!!! I realized that I blew my time away too!!! YES!!
- First Triathlon Story – 10 Days to Train – HI learned a lot from this experience and I hope to do many more triathlons in the coming years
- First Triathlon Story – Completing a Triathlon at 49 – All these stories about people competing in their 1st triathlon and their experience really inspire me to do my 1st Triathlon
- First Triathlon Story – Jen Schmitt – -This year I went from being a wanna be athlete to a TRIATHLETE!
- First Triathlon with Team in Training – I just wanted to let you know how helpful your website has been. I just completed my first sprint triathlon and…
- First Triathlon Story – Anything Is Possible -I did this triathlon because I decided I could. I want people around me to know that if you put your mind to something, anything is possible!
- First Triathlon Story – Another Success Story! – On the way back into the finish, it felt so great to hear all of the cheers from spectators.
- Why Do You Tri? – Becky Risberg Rose -Cuz I’m nuts???? 🙂 I just (like 2 minutes ago) registered for my FIRST tri!
- Why Do You Tri? – Aida Franco – Triathlons are a great motivator to get off my butt and start moving, living and being positive for me, my family and my son.
- Why Do You Tri? – Teri Dewitt – – Why do I tri? Because 12 months and 75 pounds ago, I promised myself I would…
- Why Do You Tri? – Teri Dewitt – -Why do I tri? Because 12 months and 75 pounds ago, I promised myself I would…
- FWhy Do You Tri? – Javier Manrique -I am inspired by the many people over 60 that have fiished Triathlons
- Why Do You Tri? – Wendy Spohn – I decided that I’d had enough! I could either let it get me down or I could take the summer off and do something I’ve always wanted to do.
- Why Do You Tri? – Jennifer Schmitt – -I have been inspired by our local hometown hero that was taken from us this August while defending our country..
- Why Do You Tri? – Kathy Francis -Approximately 3 years ago, I had a heart attack at age 49. I smoked, was over weight and had a very stressful job. It was time for things to change.
- Why Do You Tri? – Anita Pease – I “tri” for a cause. My cause is to “tri” to be an example to the 3 blessings I have been given.
- Why Do You Tri – Brendan Dooley – – I recently signed up to run my first tri, the Pewaukee, Wis., Sprint tri on July 8 (my 40th birthday).
- First Triathlon Story: Frances Frost – – I was in wave 10 – the 40+ year old women. You’d think they’d let us old ladies go first, but…
- First Triathlon Story – Danni Hamilton – I’ve always worked out a wee bit in the gym…
- First Triathlon Story: Ken Hsu – Race day was a blast! I was smiling the whole way. Okay, swimming was not that great…but it was challenging nonetheless
- Triathlon Tips – We asked our readers to post triathlon tips on our Facebook page and here’s what advice they’d like to pass on to you..
- My “First Triathlon” Story: From Indoor Triathlons to Outdoor Triathlons -“I’m legally blind without my glasses on, and of course you can’t swim in glasses.” Read more of this amazing story!
- First Triathlon Story – – losing Weight and Gaining Health – I looked at the photo and realized I needed to make some changes.
- First Triathlon Story – I completed my first Sprint Triathlon and while parts of it were not pretty, the medal that reads “FINISHER” is very pretty indeed.
- First Triathlon Story – I squirted a large dollop into my mouth and immediately regretted it. I felt as if a Rainbow Brite doll had crapped raspberry in my mouth.
- First Triathlon Story – I wanted to thank you and everyone who comments/contributes on this site. I did my first Sprint Tri on Sunday – the Cannonman in Schellsburg, PA.
- My “First Triathlon” Story – Overcoming Asthma to Compete
- First Triathlon Story – If you are even thinking about starting triathlon ABSOLUTELY GO FOR IT!!
- My 70.3 Ironman Triathlon Story – Thought you might enjoy the story of my first 70.3 Ironman in Austin…
- First Triathlon Story – The alarm went off at some ungodly hour and I pulled myself from my nice comfy bed…”
- triathlon_article_My_First_Triathlon_Story_I_will_do_some_more_novice_races – I loved it so much, i’ve signed up for another one next month!! Two members of my family have also been inspired to ‘try tri’!
- First Triathlon Story – I’ve got a little story of my own. I call it, “Everything that could go wrong, did.
- First Triathlon Story – Thanks for all the helpful tips and suggestions this site has provided. A lot of them were very helpful on my first sprint triathlon yesterday.
- My “First Triathlon” Story – Can’t Wait for the Next One! – Though I didn’t bring home any medals, I felt proud of myself. and cannot wait till next one in coming in 45 days. now I just need to learn to swim faster.
- First Triathlon Story – I am an ex-high school/college athlete, in the 35-40 category, two kids, and I just finished my first triathlon two…
- My Funniest Triathlon Moment – Don’t forget your helmet!!!!
- My “First Triathlon” Story: It was an amazing feeling to finish – Yesterday I completed my first mini-triathlon. It was an amazing feeling to finish!
- My “First Triathlon” Story: I had several “I’d do that differently next time” moments
Triathlon Bike Questions
Triathlon Run Questions
Other Triathlon Questions/Resources
Triathlon Swim : – Get the low-down on gear and read tips for training and events.
Triathlon Bike: – Learn how to structure bike workouts, find safety tips and read recommendations on great bike gear.
Triathlon Run : – Get the ultimate skinny on running sneakers, running gear, safety tips and much more.
Triathlon Swim Questions
My “First Triathlon” Story – Go Me! finished my first triathlon today – the Wheat Ridge (CO) triathlon. In the last year I’ve lost 60 pounds and I started training for this in about January.
My “First Triathlon” Story: From Plantar Fasciitis to the Finish Line – My fears were validated when the diagnosis of plantar fasciitis was confirmed, November 2005. My running days were over–it hurt to…
My “First Triathlon” Story: I Did It!!!I finished my first mini-triathlon…with just a few bumps in the road.
My “First Triathlon” Story: From Sprint to Half IronMan –I was a pack a day smoker then, had been for a few years. I signed up for the triathlon less than a month before it.
Inspiration for ALL TriathaNewbies!Testimonial written by Gwendolyn from New York. I did it! I really didn’t know what….
My First Tri Story My friend, Moira Muldoon, called late February saying she was going to do the Danskin (again) and did I want to join…
Your First Mini-Triathlon Spectator Event If you are going to your first mini-triathlon here is some advice to help. Expect to get up…
My “First Triathlon” Story: Now I’m Hooked I just finished my first sprint triathalon. I was super happy to finish 3rd in my age category
My “First Triathlon” Story: The Race Within the Race So as I was riding, a girl passed me who I thought looked very strong and someone for me to keep up with or in the best case- someone to beat…
My “First Triathlon” Story: Thanks for All of Your Help It was an experience I will never forget, and I am already contemplating another.
My “First Triathlon” Story: I Finished the Race!I was pretty nervous when I saw how far the buoys looked, but I knew that would happen from reading articles on this site.
My “First Triathlon” Story – I will do some more novice races I loved it so much, i’ve signed up for another one next month!! Two members of my family have also been inspired to ‘try tri’! Going to invest in a tri …